Thursday, February 19, 2009

Warm Fuzzy Story

Wow, I have been really inattentive to this blog! The thing is... I thought I would have more time this semester because I dropped a class, but I actually seem to have less! I think it's because my Brief Counseling class is so brutal. I mean I love it, but it's a lot of work. For example, I have to read two full-size books in addition to my four other text books for just that class. Then we have journals, article reviews, etc. Anyway, enough whining! ;)

Warm Fuzzy news of the day: I thought for my post I would share some news I heard on the Rachel Maddow show Wednesday (Feb. 18, 2009). Rachel talked about a great moment in high school basketball: Two Wisconsin high schools (DeKalb High School and Madison High School) recently played a game against one another (which is fairly normal stuff of course). The catch of this story comes when one of the players from Madison showed up for a game to play, but he wasn't on the roster because he had lost his mom to cancer that same day so, well, obviously no one expected him to show up. The penalty for someone playing the game without being on the official roster would be two free throws for the other team (DeKalb). The other team decided they did not want the technical fouls, but the ref decided that these must be taken. So what did DeKalb do? They had their player Darius McNeal purposefully botch the shots in order to not get the extra points against Madison. How great is that? See, there are decent people still left in the world!

Article about the game

No comments: