Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cures for insomnia:

I am a total insomniac. I seriously wake up in the middle of the night and just goof around on the internet because I can’t sleep. I think everyone on my mother’s side of the family is, so it must be genetic. Maybe it is what makes my gerbil-like mind babble incessantly on this blog thing. Hmmm… Anyway, I have decided to list some cool websites I have found useful to cure my midnight boredom lately in case anyone who may see this can also cure their boredom:

www.quamut.com - A friend told me about this one today actually. This gives you the “How To” in just about everything under the sun, such as buying a good laptop, or I don't know, knitting.

Hulu.com - My husband loves this site. This site lets you watch TV shows or movies; you just have to endure some commercials in the process.

Pandora.com - My favorite iPod Application as well – A personalized radio

Eventful.com - Tells you about upcoming events based on your location and lets you request certain events that you wish would come to your location.

AskSunday.com - I have never used this, but I saw this on the Today Show and it peeked my interest. This is a virtual personal assistant that costs a minimum of like $19.99 a month for 10 tasks. The reporter from the Today Show said someone even used their personal assistant to wish their mother happy birthday, so then of course I had to check it out. Of course, I would never actually use this site for my mother, but it was tempting! Another person used it to break up with a girlfriend, which just seems wrong. It's a cool concept though.


I also found this Time Magazine's Top 10 Websites when I was checking out AskSunday.com, since it is apparently their #2 site. Here is the article:
Time Article. They have some other cool sites on there, such as Lemonade.com and FatSecret.com.

No comments: