Thursday, August 28, 2008

Awesome Vacation Ideas

Amateur Traveler (a travel podcast) always gives these "Internet resources" at the end of their show. Well, yesterday I was listening to an episode (can't remember which one, maybe Dominica?) and the host mentioned a site called VocationVacation.com where you can work at your dream job (at a hefty price) for your next vacation. Okay, so I will probably never take advantage of this, but the site is so fun and addicting to browse through! I mean, imagine being a Broadway Producer for your next vacation and imagine telling your coworkers and friends about it! My sister does graphic arts and animation and I discovered one job where you can actually be an Animation TV Producer for a week! Let's see... there's Bed and Breakfast owner. How fun would that be, for about a half a second. I used to work in hotels and it's not as fun as it would seem. There's Boat Captain, Choreographer, Comedy Club Owner, Flight Instructor (this seems a little unnerving), Symphony Computer, Wedding Coordinator, and on and on... Oh and for the guys out there - Sports Broadcaster! How cool of a gift would that be for a husband or boyfriend??

You can even be a photographer, which was one of the cheaper ones. This made me think actually...if you have an exciting job and you are your own boss, you could easily do something like this! I wonder if you could just contact this site and let them set it up. My job is not exciting enough to offer to people, but this would also be a practical way to get your foot in the door somewhere - like a mini internship. Anyway, I just thought this was incredibly cool. Thanks to Chris Christensen of Amateur Traveler for always offering the coolest intel on travel! ;)

No comments: