Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

Okay, so this was supposed to be a relatively relaxing weekend, but it wound up just being stressful. Besides reading chapters in my boring text books, we went to dinner and the Battle of the Haunted Houses on Friday, which it turns out isn't much of a battle. One was basically us walking through some neon hallways with people following us. Scary. The other was the usual walk through a hearse; although there were some scary moments, so my vote went to that one for sure (I mean, if we were actually keeping track somehow). We then went to an ice rink where we proceeded to get thrown out of a college hockey game (long story and it's not as bad as it sounds - LOL). If you knew my husband you would know how mundane that sentence really is in our household. In fact, you can't ever say "Hey, remember the time you got kicked out of ___" because that's almost like saying, "Hey, remember the time you ate cereal for breakfast?"

I remember one time him and his friend took me four wheeling in the mountains and we were literally driving through a forest without a road when we came upon signs saying "Keep out," but these two had to keep going. It was like in the cartoons where the signs get progressively worse too, like "No really, keep out" and "No, we mean it," but did they?? No... well, eventually they did when I convinced them that it might be the home of a crazy militia mountain man who really isn't full of humor when it comes to trespassers.

The next day was spent at the pool, with a nice side trip to this lagoon I had never been to. We discovered it while we were visiting the Obama headquarters to sign up to volunteer. I also had the most interesting conversation with an elderly gentleman, which restored my faith in humanity and the overall intelligence of humans. We were walking to our car (which has a nicely placed Obama sticker on it) and he said "I thought only old guys like myself liked Obama." That's kind of funny in itself since I thought only older people liked McCain... I mean, not all older people like McCain, but only older people like him. It turns out you really can't generalize either way. Okay, I should interject something here since my inner psychologist is telling me to - I am aware that I probably should not generalize at all, but hey, I am human! Plus I just don't care. ;) Anyway, my sis said she was at a party this weekend and the moms were saying something about how they should tax only people making under $150,000 (at least this is how I understood it). See, now these people thought Obama was an elitist and I just think that is very "mean Bingley sisters from the Pride and Prejudice-ish" (I know, that reference may be lost on anyone but me). So, anyway, the elderly gentleman and I had a nice conversation about population growth, parks, good Mexican restaurants nearby (since him and his wife we disputing this topic somehow), and then we parted ways. He was very nice, which we need more of in this world. In fact, my pastor was just talking about that very thing, and even played a clip from Pay It Forward. We really should do that- Be nice to at least three people and ask them to do the same. Imagine...

We finished the day by going to a farm/restaurant, complete with indoor slides, horse rides, country bands singing Johnny Cash songs (I wont hold it against them), and of course the most fantastic fried chicken! ;) That was just Friday and Saturday! Today was equally hectic it seemed.

Okay, there's my "dear diary" entry just to clear my mind of trivial thoughts for today. Although, as a total contradiction to myself, I should say that I taped and watched the Palin performance on SNL and it was pretty funny; although most of the credit for that went to the Weekend News Update people, but it was actually pretty good!

No comments: