Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stopping time?

Okay, when I am really exhausted my mind wanders even more. Like when I was laying awake at 4 AM (now) thinking about how I am getting very little sleep and will get less today with school and work. So I was thinking of an old Twilight Zone episode (at least I think this was Twilight Zone, I was like 9 at the time) where the person had a stopwatch that could stop time. The stopwatch broke I believe, which was the creepy part of the episode (since there was always a creepy part), but I was thinking how cool it would be to have one of those watches and wondered what I would use it for if I could only choose one thing. Sleep? Play time with my daughter? Reading my insane amount of books on the theory and practice of psychology/counseling? I do not do well without sleep, but then I might not be able to sleep anyway because I would constantly be worrying if I would misplace or break the dang stopwatch. I couldn't really play with my daughter because she would be stopped too I think. See, I guess it is good I don't actually have one of these things! Maybe I would travel the world...

No comments: