Thursday, October 16, 2008

Homesick

Recently I got a Facebook message from a friend in Seattle telling me that one of our best friends was going to be back in the Seattle area for a visit, but I am not there sadly. She ended the message with something like "Jealous much?" or something similarly malicious ; ) (It's funny if you know this friend's sarcastic wit - it works for her). Coming from me it just sounds mean. Anyway, so I told her that I hope they have fun and to "Play a song at Beth's for me." This reminded me of all the things I wish I could have them do for me, since I can't be there myself. This also made me realize how many other cities out there have similar lists of things people reminisce over, such as the clam chowder bowls in San Francisco, Filippi's in San Diego, the sea lions in Newport, OR...okay, you get the gist (that's just the west coast!).
So anyway, just for fun, here is my "to-do" list, Washington version:
  • Play a song at Beth's
  • Take a hike to Lake 22
  • Take a ride to Friday Harbor
  • Bike to Lime Kiln Point to whale watch
  • Visit the Sylvia the mummy at Ye Olde Curiosity Shop
  • Have some clam chowder at Ivar's
  • Visit the troll (no, this is not a person - ha ha)
  • Have a sunset picnic at Gasworks
  • Drive through Raymond to Long Beach
  • Go to Hurricane Ridge (one of the most beautiful places on earth)
  • Hug a bear at Leavenworth
  • Watch a fish being thrown at Pike Place Market and buy some flowers there
  • Take a picture with a pig
  • Go to Post Alley for Theater Sports
  • Sit at a cafe in Port Townsend
  • See a concert (most definitely not a country one)
  • Go to see the Pacific Northwest Ballet (they are incredible)
  • Find a reason to visit the Paramount
  • Smell a tulip
  • Take a canoe ride at the arboretum/UW
  • Lay in the grass and watch the hot air balloons at St Michelle's Winery
  • Eat a slice of Pagliacci's (Cheese folded in half)
  • Go underground (because I think the guides are funny)
  • People watch at Bumbershoot

Okay, I know I am missing something, but that should be good for now. ;)
Just for fun: Funny sign at the Olde Curiosity Shop

No comments: