Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hiccup Party Trick

I have this cool trick I learned from my buddy "J" and I thought I would share it because it is just too cool. ;)

So "J" learned this great trick using a dollar bill to get rid of hiccups. She learned it in a class for her graduate degree in Psychology, so I think that gave her more credibility for me to believe her. LOL. Anyway, you take a dollar bill and say to the person "See this dollar bill, with all of the writing, the president in the middle, the fibers, blah, blah, blah..." (Not sure exactly what she told me, so wing it). Then, after the person says "Yeah, uh huh" (and looks at you like you are either mad or boring them immensely) you say "I'll give it to you if you hiccup again" (Notice you say if you "do" hiccup again). Then the person stops hiccuping. Yes, I know, I thought she was insane too, but the other day when my husband had the hiccups I tried it. He thought I was insane, but it worked! I only had a $10 bill, so I used that instead of a $1 and he told me "I just wanted your money so dang bad, but couldn't make myself do it!" Personally I think he wanted it so that I he could prove me wrong and take my money because that's just how he is, but ha! I still have it! Jokes on him! Okay, there's my tip of the day! ;)

No comments: