Thursday, October 23, 2008

I can clone myself and it will only cost $60,000! ;)

You know, nothing says Merry Christmas to a kid like "Here's a $1,500 teddy bear that's really too expensive to play with." Well, unless you are Brad and Angelina I guess (which by the way is another story) - where $1,500 teddy bears are probably considered substandard. Anyway... this year's Neiman Marcus Christmas catalog has everybody talking (and by everybody I mean the morning radio show I listen to. LOL). The catalog is loaded with insanely expensive and uniquely original items for the people you love the most...and you would have to love them considering the amount of money you would be spending on them. For example, did you know you could purchase your "sweetie" a 16th century gemstone ring for the low, low price of $45,000. Not a bad price really, considering they say to spend at least a the amount you would spend on a brand new Volvo for your engagement ring. What? No one says that? Hmmm... Okay then, how about $7,000 cuff links?

My husband would especially enjoy a Jack Nicklaus designed three-hole golf course in our backyard for only $1,000,000. Actually that seems pretty cheap too. I mean, for Jack to spend his time and effort, and such, assuming you have a backyard big enough for three holes. Mine would be more like a Jack Nicklaus designed mini-golf course and I am guessing Jack doesn't specialize in wind mills and clown mouth themes for his courses.

How about having yourself designed out of Lego's for your mom this year? That way she will always have you nearby. It's only $60,000! In all fairness, we did visit Legoland in San Diego and we did have a lot of fun taking our pictures with the fake families and Darth Vader made out of Lego's. So, it may be even more exciting to prop your Lego-self up at parties so people can admire your creepy likeness while you cater to other guests. Although, with me, they might think the Lego version of me is more exciting and I would get jealous. Kidding... sort of. I have also decided that I so need a special skill such as this one and realize I should have spent more time playing with Lego's when I was a kid. I mean, I could learn to build people out of Lego's and then just charge people $30,000 a piece, which would seem like they were getting a bargain!

Anyway, the point is that it is fun to dream...so take a look if you dare (and if you aren't typically catapulted into depression by these sorts of things). It's actually really pretty cool to browse the catalog and to see how the other side lives!

Click here to view Neiman Marcus Christmas catalog

No comments: