Friday, October 31, 2008

People actually do this?

I had never heard of this annual tradition in D.C. before now, but apparently people actually dress in drag and race in high heels around Halloween each year. So, this sounds really strange, but I was thinking that if I lived in a place famous for being saturated with politicians I would probably welcome anything that made me laugh, even if just a little. So these people, who walk in a parade before the race and party afterwards, are almost performing humanitarian efforts for the local D.C. community's sanity (as ironic as it sounds to use drag queen high heel race and sanity in the same paragraph). Maybe every city should start this tradition every year at election time. As one person commented "let's learn to take ourselves less seriously" and I couldn't agree more!

Article

No comments: